Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fashion Victim Sited!!!

Yes, a fashion victim was sited yesterday at the Rite-Aid at the corner of Jones Franklin and Tryon! Very serious issue at hand. This falls under saving the world because no one likes a victim!!! This woman, bless her heart, had on a hunter green baggy t-shirt, black umbro-like shorts, a shiny black shoulder bag, and *gasp* wooden kitty heels in beige. There are serveral things wrong with this situation.

First off, I curse the man who invented the wooden kitty heel. That blot, blot, blot when you're walking drives me mad and they're so unpractical. Why have a shoe that doesn't bend with your natural foot movement? I have a cute pair from Guess that are hot pink with stones but they will forever be barried in my closet, and for good reasons!!

Second, I detest shoulder bags! Some are really cute mind you but the look is very hard to pull off without looking like a mom of three at Disney World! I totally understand that this purse didn't match because she could have gone out the night before and not had the time or energy to switch to something more simple or diverse. I too have been guilty of this on more than one occasion.

I want to go on record stating I am not making fun of this woman. I am from a fashion deprived small southern town and have seen MUCH WORSE! I just had to vent on the situation at hand. You have to keep in mind when you leave the house that people will in fact see you, unless you choose the drive through!

In the words of Paris Hilton (yes, I went there), “The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in.” Amen sister, amen!!!

1 comment:

  1. as long as you say "bless her heart" you are in the clear of criticizing... :D

    ReplyDelete